Monday, January 13, 2014

New Years/Year's Resolution

Hey boo,

How's it going?  I'm like this:  zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

So, I had started seeing New Years Resolution posts at the end of December, and I was trying to think of what mine would be.  And I was just like, I can barely get through the next 30 seconds, let alone try to think of something to accomplish over an ENTIRE year!

I used to hate these things and now I love them.   :-)

I could not come up with anything.  Actually, I could.  And it was "to just get through it."

So yeah, my New Years/Year's Resolution is: To just get through it.

Awesome, huh?  :-P

Unfortunately, my therapist wasn't too excited about that.  She said I don't need a "resolution," I just need to set a small goal.  Something to work for.  And come up with a plan on how to accomplish that goal.  And be specific about the plan.  This is sort of how she explained it (at least to my understanding...):

You know how some people's NYR is a general "I'm going lose weight/get healthy" or something like that.  Well, HOW are you going to do that?  "I'm going to work out and eat right."  Ok, but WHEN are you going to work out, and WHAT exactly are you going to eat?  "I'm going to work out 3 times a week, and eat more veggies."  WHAT days are you going to work out, HOW long are you going to work out, and WHAT veggies are you going to eat?...  In other words, your actual resolution should be specific baby steps to form a plan.  So, it would end up being something like "I'm going to work out on Mon, Wed, Fri from Noon to 1pm at XYZ gym.  I'm going to drink a kale smoothie with my breakfast."  (FYI, this is NOT my resolution.)  So yeah, as the year goes on, you can adapt/change your specific plan, but it should ALWAYS be specific so that you CAN accomplish it.

Update:  So I saw this on Pinterest and had to add it.  It's very fitting for what I was talking about!

Click for source


Ugh... Well that sounds complicated.  I just have nothing I want to accomplish this year.  I feel like I have absolutely nothing to look forward to/work towards...  I just go through the motions of each day, and like I said before, I just get through it.

To help me, my therapist said it didn't have to be "life changing" or super complicated. Just something simple.  Something small.

Umm...????

I know I am working on my confidence, independence, and building my support network.

So, to focus on the confidence and independence part, I decided that my general goal will be to get out with the kids more.  As in, leave the house with just me plus 3. The only time I do that now is to bring them to daycare.  And of course the one time with the doctor's office fiasco.

So, now I'm still working on the specifics of how I'm going to accomplish that goal.  I need to figure out WHEN we're going to go and WHERE we're going to go.  I need to start small, it's not like I'm going to be like, "I'm taking them to Disneyworld next week!"  I'm thinking along the lines of maybe Target.  And I'm a slave to the kids schedule, so I'm still trying to determine a good time to get out. But yeah, I guess that's what I'm working towards.  So, maybe by the end of 2014, I'll be an old pro and going out with the kids, and nothing will phase me or stress me out... :-)  Yeah, we'll see how that goes...

Anyways, some other random things that I'm doing:

1) The 52 Week Savings Challenge.  Basically, you save a little bit of cash each week in a jar, and it increments by $1 each week.  If I can accomplish it, I hope to do something cool with that money, and I'll tell you about it when the time gets closer.
2) A "Calendar Journal."  I'm not doing exactly that, it's more a combination of this calendar journal thing and this "Gratitude Jar."  Basically I have a blank notebook that I am being diligent about writing a few sentences each night of highlights from the day.  Of course it's mostly been about the kids and the silly things they do.  I almost fill up a page each day because I write big and sloppy, so that is why it probably won't really be like a calendar journal.  But it's like the Gratitude Jar because it has all this fun stuff that I'll be able to look at at the end of the year.  Hopefully I can keep up with it.  It's already January 13 and I've been able to write in it every day!!  Go me!
3) Acts of Kindness... I'm still working on my acts of kindness/paying it forward stuff that I started before Thanksgiving.  I have some fun ideas in mind over the next year.

So yeah, I guess I was just writing to share my New Years Resolution and to update you on my fun little new year projects.

I'm miss you like whoa.

Hearts.

P.S. I thought of a few more random things that I'm trying to do.
4) Take more videos and pictures of Will.  He definitely is treated like a "second child", where I notice how many pictures I took of the girls when they were babies, and how I have hardly any of Will like that.  And yet I still take tons of videos and pics of the girls because they are learning/doing so many fun and exciting things.  So I'm trying really hard to capture more of Will.
5) Email you more. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment